While an accident involving two vehicles has a greater chance of not harming anyone, a motorcycle accident will often require a hospital trip, especially for the rider, passenger, or pedestrian. The severity of the accident varies from case to case. Still, in several of them, you will incur a considerable financial loss on top of the pain and suffering you are experiencing.
A San Francisco motorcycle lawyer will help you get the compensation you are due to offset medical bills, cover loss of income, and offset to some degree the unquantifiable pain and suffering you are experiencing.
Your first step in finding a lawyer involves knowing the critical factors to consider which are;
· The location of the lawyer. While it may be attractive to hire the lawyers whose flashy adverts you see on TV, these out of state firms tend to refer your case to your local state firms you may not have verified. Working with a local accident lawyer gives you the chance to decide who will handle your case, and they are often familiar with local courts, judges, and resources they can use to investigate your case.
· General practitioners vs. specialists: While lawyers are familiar with different aspects of the law, finding a San Francisco motorcycle accident lawyer specializing in personal injury law and experience handling motorcycle accident claims should be your priority.
· Good reputation and experience: Conduct thorough research checking reviews, referrals, and collecting testimonials to find a lawyer with a spotless clean record and an excellent reputation, especially among former clients.
Once you know where to look for, the next step is where to start your search. Here are some sources to use;
· Ask your friends and relatives to see if anyone had used the services of a motorcycle accident lawyer.
· You may also get referrals from lawyers who specialize in other areas whom you have worked with previously.
· Use your local bar association to get referrals for motorcycle accident lawyers near you.
· Use lawyer directories and search for lawyers based on their practice looking for personal injury lawyers with motorcycle accident experience.
· Use Google search and look for personal injury lawyers with experience in motorcycle accidents.
Once you have done this, you can arrange for interviews with these lawyers, many of whom offer a free consultation. Bring all the necessary documents with you and ask all questions regarding the case and the lawyer’s expertise. From the interviews, you can then shortlist the lawyers and find the one you are comfortable with and whose terms are favorable to you and has the best track record. Starting your search for a lawyer as soon as possible allows you and the lawyer enough time to collect all the needed evidence and be ready for the case.